Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Mount Merrion in 1949 with an overlay of the Barker Map of 1762



this shows a detail from the map below, executed by cartographer Pat Roe in 1774




close up showing the Woods with the 'Shell House' to the top and just below it to the left the 'Obelisk'